Volunteer in Your Parish
- Volunteer Opportunities specific to COVID-19 are listed below in red.
Did you know that each of us is called to full, conscious, and active participation in the life of the Church? There's so much work to be done at local parishes - work that depends on all the lay faithful. Even if you're not registered at a church, check out our parish page and contact a young adult rep today. They'd be more than happy to get you connected with programs and events! Parishes are especially in need of faith formation, youth ministry, and childcare volunteers right now! Check out the links below for more information!
NEEDS FOR 2020-2021:
- Help with sanitizing the church on Monday, May 18 at 5pm to allow for public Masses to resume
Contact Erica at
Kingdom Kids and Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (Kindergarten through 5th grade
Proof (middle and high school)
Confirmation (9th and 10th graders)
- Contacting "at risk" parishioners via phone or email. To help, contact Amy Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's and Youth Ministry
- Set up to SIT: volunteer babysitters for community members in need (may not be in effect during the "stay at home" policy). CLICK HERE to help!
- Step up to SHOP: volunteer shoppers for at-risk parishioners. CLICK HERE to help!
-Contacting "at risk" parishioners and weekly conversations with elderly adults. To help, contact Philip at pLomneth@sj.org.
Serving in the Community
Rochester Public Schools (giving away free lunches, offering childcare)
Support Local Restaurants by ordering take-out
Dorothy Day House Meal Ministry
Every Third Sunday of the month Rochester Catholic Young Adult Ministry will be serving a meal at the Dorothy Day Hospitality House in Rochester.
The Dorothy Day Hospitality House in Rochester allows guests who are in need of a warm bed and warm meal to stay for a period of time.
If you are interested in helping feed those in need at Dorothy Day, please contact Dana at email@example.com.